Marion Grasby is a Thai-Australian cook and founder of the Marion’s Kitchen Food Company. Marion has become well loved through her popular online cooking shows that inspire people to cook the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam and southeast Asia. About 20 million people a month worldwide tune in to watch Marion through her YouTube, Facebook and Instagram channels.
Options for fillings:
- edible flowers
- dark green lettuce leaves
- Asian herbs e.g. mint leaves, Thai basil leaves
- roast/BBQ chicken, cooked and shredded
- finely julienned carrot
- finely julienned capsicum
- garlic chives
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Spicy Deviled Prawns:
- 1 tbsp Gochujang (Korean fermented chili paste)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sriracha (or your choice of Asian chili sauce)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 small prawns, peeled & deveined
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- STEP 1 – To make the egg omelete, heat one tablespoon of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat (a pan 22cm in diameter will give you 2 omeletes). Pour in half the egg mixture and swirl around the pan until almost set. Allow to gently cook on the heat until the top of the omelete is completely set. Then transfer to a cutting board and trim the edges to form a rectangle. Then cut the rectangle into 3 pieces. Repeat with remaining egg.
- STEP 2 – For the spicy deviled prawns, in a large bowl combine the gochujang, Coconut Sriracha and soy sauce. Add the prawns and mix to coat. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool.
- STEP 3 – For the spicy peanut dipping sauce, combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- STEP 4 – To assemble the cold rolls, dip a sheet of rice paper into a large tray of warm water. Place the wrapper on a clean tea towel. Add your choice of fillings, then fold in the sides of the wrapper. Then fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling and roll up the entire parcel into a tight, neat cylinder shape. Serve cold rolls with the spicy peanut dipping sauce.
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt