Marion Grasby is a Thai-Australian cook and founder of the Marion’s Kitchen Food Company. Marion has become well loved through her popular online cooking shows that inspire people to cook the cuisines of Thailand, Vietnam and southeast Asia. About 20 million people a month worldwide tune in to watch Marion through her YouTube, Facebook and Instagram channels.
- 500g (1 lb) beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 spring onions (scallions)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour (cornstarch) mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 lime wedge
- watercress to serve
- steamed rice to serve
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the beef with the garlic, fish sauce and a small pinch of salt.
- For the stir-fry sauce, mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- For the pepper salt, mix the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside for later.
- Finely slice the pale part of the spring onion and set aside along with the sliced red onion. Slice the green part of the spring onion into batons and reserve for later.
- Scatter watercress over a large plate.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the beef mixture and spread the beef pieces out in the pan. Allow to brown for 1-2 minutes before flipping and stir-frying. Add the red onion and the pale part of the spring onion and stir-fry for another minute. Then pour the stir-fry sauce over and mix throughly. Add the cornflour mixture and simmer for barely a minute or until the sauce is thick and glossy. Toss in the green part of the spring onion. Spoon out on top of the watercress. Serve with a little dish of the pepper salt and a lime wedge to squeeze into the salt before dipping the beef into it. Serve with steamed rice.
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt