- 2 chilies
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lime
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 carrots
- Vietnamese coriander
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 onion
- 100gr boiled shrimp
- 200gr boiled pork belly
- Fried onion
- Fish sauce, sugar, water
- Prawn crackers (optional)
How to cook summer grapefruit salad:
- Put chilies, garlic and 2 tbsp of sugar into a mortar and use a pestle to mash mixture.
- Squeeze lime, add 2 tbsp of fish sauce and 4 tbsp of water to the mixture. Stir to make the sauce.
Ingredients for the salad:
- Julienne cucumbers, carrots and onions. Peel the grapefruit and remove pulp.
- Boil and peel shrimp.
- Boil and slice pork belly.
- Prepare a medium-sized basin. Add cucumbers, carrots, Vietnamese coriander, grapefruit, onions, shrimp, pork belly and fried onions in the basin. Pour salad sauce into the mixture.
- Use your hand and mix all the ingredients to let them absorb the sauce.
- Pour cooking oil into a pan on high heat. When the cooking oil gets hot, turn heat down. Deep fry crackers for about 2 minutes. Pick out crackers when fully puffed up and place them on napkins to absorb excess oil.
- Plate salad with prawn crackers and enjoy.
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt