- 300g pork ribs
- 300g lotus root
- 150g carrot
- 100g oyster mushroom
- 100g lotus seeds
- 100g green onion
- Salt, sugar, chicken powder, ground pepper
- 3l water
- Rinse the lotus roots, carrots, oyster mushrooms, lotus seeds and green onions.
- Peel the lotus root and carrot then cut into bite-sized chunks of about 1-2cm thickness.
- Chop green onions.
- Put 1 tbsp of salt and 300g pork ribs in a large bowl of water and thoroughly wash the meat.
- Prepare a pot of boiling water, add 1 tbsp of salt and the pork ribs into the pot. Blanch the meat until the water boils, then remove the ribs.
- Prepare a pot of 2 litres of water. Add the ribs, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt, and 1 tsp of chicken powder.
- Skim the soup to make the stock clear.
- When the water boils, add 300g lotus root, 150g carrot, 100g oyster mushroom and 100g lotus seed into the pot. Stir well.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then add 10g of chopped green onion and 1 tsp of ground pepper into the pot. Stir well and turn off the stove.
Serve the soup hot in a bowl.
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt