The Interim Pathway for Caregivers has been opened for 3 months, from July 8, 2019 to October 8, 2019. This pathway is a limited time pathway to permanent for qualified in-home caregivers and their families.
To be eligible to apply, the applicants must intend to live outside the province of Quebec, and have the required:
- Status in Canada
- Work experience
- Language levels
Status in Canada
- Have a work permit other than the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) work permit at the time of applying; or
- Have applied for a renewal of a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit; or
- Applied and is eligible for restoration of status, and held a work permit other than a Live-in Caregiver Program work permit as their most recent work permit
- Work experience must match the initial description and list of main duties for Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411 or4412; and
- 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada since November 30, 2014, in a relevant occupation
The minimum language skill is CLB 5 in English or NLCL 5 in French for all 4 language skills:
- A minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or non-Canadian educational diploma, certificate or credential that’s equal to a Canadian high school diploma.
- Foreign credentials will require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) — issued within five years before the date of application by an approved organization — that indicates that the foreign diploma, certificate or credential is equivalent to a completed Canadian secondary school diploma.
The Interim Pathway for Caregivers is a new pathway for foreign caregivers who came to Canada after November 30, 2014 and did not qualify for Canadian permanent residence to do so. It was announced in February of 2019, came into effect March 4, 2019. The pathway’s July 8 opening is its second since the first one which was until June 4, 2019. There is no limit on the number of applications that IRCC will accept through the Interim Pathway for Caregivers.
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt