- 6 quail eggs (or 1 chicken egg)
- 2 tbsp of chopped green spring onion
- Black sesame rice paper
- 12gr Vienna sausage (about ⅓ sausage)
- 1 piece of The Laughing Cow cheese (creamy original)
- Dried-fried onion (optional)
- Dried shrimp (optional)
- Japanese mayonnaise (or the regular one)
- Hot sauce
- Satay paste
- Cut the sausage into julienne strips.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. When the pan is hot, put the black sesame rice paper into pan.
- Spread 1/2 tbsp of satay on top of rice paper.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped green spring onion over the rice paper.
- Crack 6 quail eggs in bowl. Use the backside of the spoon to beat the eggs and mix with the green spring onion.
- Spread the mixture on top of the rice paper. Be careful not to spill it outside the rice paper.
- Put a piece of cheese on top of mixture. Use the back of the spoon to spread evenly.
- Add sausage, dried-fried onion and dried shrimp on top of cheese.
- Add mayonnaise and hot sauce in a zigzag pattern.
- When the eggs are almost done, fold the rice paper in half and turn the rice paper over to cook through.
- When it swells and turns an opaque color, turn off heat and slide onto plate.
Eat the grilled rice paper “pizza” right away and enjoy the crispiness with a cup of iced tea on a hot summer’s day.
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt