Eyebrows that are “absolutely perfect” allow you to shape your face and let your beauty shine. Here’s how to get the brows that suit you the most.
Step 1: Clean up eyebrows
Use specialized tools, such as scissors, a tweezer and a brow razor, to trim excess growth and hairs that are in the wrong place. This helps you shape the eyebrows so they become sharper. Trim the eyebrows carefully and precisely because even a small slip can lose the original line.
Step 2: Choose the shape that suits your face
This is one of the most important steps before you start drawing because each face shape is different. It is not necessary to always follow trends, such as Korean style eyebrows, if that line is not in harmony with your face. For instance, it is possible to draw on your own natural eyebrows instead of completely changing them.
Step 3: Identify points to form the eyebrow shape
For balanced eyebrows, follow these points.
- Point 1: Place a brush next to the nostril and along the nose. The intersection of the brush with the eyebrow is the starting point of the eyebrow.
- Point 2: Keep the brush in contact with the nostril and move the brush head about 30 degrees, passing between the eyes. The brush will touch the highest part of the eyebrow.
- Point 3: Place the brush to get a straight line from the nostril to the outer corner of the eye. Where the brush touches the eyebrow is the end point of the eyebrow.
- Point 4: To create the proportion for the eyebrows, continue to use the brush to connect the points 1 and 3, creating a horizontal line. Based on this line, adjust the length and curvature reasonably for your eyebrows.
- When measuring, use an eyebrow pencil to mark the beginning, the highest and the end to ensure accuracy.
Step 4: Picking a color for the eyebrows
A fairly common tip is to choose eyebrow color based on hair color. For dark brown and black hair, choose a 1-to-2-tone brighter color. If your hair blonde or light brown, choose a 1-to-2-tone darker color.
For example, people with light blonde hair should try dark brown (taupe) for eyebrows to ensure a natural and harmonious face. Black-haired people can try soft brown.
Step 5: Draw eyebrows
First, use a mascara-wand style brush to brush your eyebrows. Then, use the eyebrow pencil to connect the points in step 3 with a thin line to shape the eyebrow frame.
Use the pencil to draw short strokes, simulating hair, until the frame is completely covered. Or, you can also apply it gently and evenly to fill the entire eyebrow frame.
Note, do not make the eyebrows too dark or it will look unnatural; the front of the eyebrow is always lighter than the end.
Step 6: Adjustment
Use a mascara-wand style brush and lightly brush the eyebrows to adjust the direction and density. Use a cotton swab to remove any smudged lines. And to draw sharp eyebrows, use a small flat brush to contour concealer around the frame.
By Xu Feng Yi
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt