This content is also available in: Vietnamese

My fiancée is in Canada on a visitor visa, can I sponsor her to stay permanently in Canada?

If your fiancée is in Canada on a visitor visa or a study permit or other visa, you can get married to her and submit a sponsorship application under family class. While waiting for the application to be processed, the applicant does not need to leave Canada, she can stay with the sponsor.
People without status (for example their visitor visa or study permit has expired) may legally stay in Canada after submitting the application for permanent resident status under spousal sponsorship.
When sending in an application to sponsor, the current immigration law allows us to also submit an application for a work permit. After a few months, an open work permit will be issued to the applicant. With this work permit, the applicant can work at any company in Canada. Before applying for a job, you need to apply for a temporary social insurance number, because you need both the social insurance number and the work permit to apply for a job. At the end of the year, you will declare income tax as do the country’s citizens. In addition, once you have the work permit and a job, you can apply for a health card.
Most important is how to maximize the chance of success in getting the application approved quickly, without an interview. We will provide professional advice and guidance to ensure the best results for your case, and accompany you throughout the process.
If you have dependent children who are still in your homeland or somewhere outside Canada, you can include them in your application. Once your application is approved, your children will also be issued visas to enter Canada to unite with you.
Once your application is approved, you do not need to leave Canada. We will instruct you how to become a permanent resident without having to leave Canada.
For a more detailed consultation contact a professional legal counsel.

Previous articleU.S. Investment in Vietnam Increases
Next article3 Ways to Style With a Beanie
Aline Xuân Uyên
Aline xuân Uyên is an immigration specialist in Canadian immigration services with more than 12 years of experience in the field. She is a member of ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council) ID# R416447. Contact her at Apex Migration Services 416-679-8898.