CREATIVE DIRECTION: THIEN LE
TALENTS: SPOT6 MANAGMENT: ALEJANDRA, SID, VICTORIA
PHOTOGRAPHY: DAVID HOU
PHOTOGRAPHY ASSISTANT: PETER HART
HAIR: DUYEN HUYNH
MAKE-UP: VERONIKA GUEORGUIEVA
ASSISTING: THERESE LE AND LISA GASPAR
DIOR: AIR FLASH FOUNDATION
CLE DE PEAU: CONCEALER & MASCARA, EYELINER.
SISLEY: EYE TWIST, LIP TWIST, SETTING POWDER.
KEVYN AUCOIN: THE CELESTIAL SKIN LIQUID, POWDER LIGHTING
BRONZER, BROW PENCIL, LIP COLOR
ALL PRODUCTS FROM L’ORÉAL PROFESSIONAL PARIS.
TECNI.ART FIX ANTI-FRIZZ
TECNI.ART SUPER DUST VOL 3
TECNI.ART SHOWER SHINE
TECNI.ART FIX DESIGN 5
TECNI.ART CREPAGE DE CHIGNON
INFINIUM QUEEN ULTIMATE 4
In the humid and leisurely summer days, there are limitless options of luscious tropical fruits to quench your thirst, providing a refreshing burst of vitamins and minerals to your health and beauty routine. A quick browse on the Internet revealed these suggested benefits.
- Health: Ayurveda practices use tamarind for digestion problems and cardiovascular system protection. Tamarind also prevents vitamin C deficiency. A source of antioxidants, it helps to fight the risk of cancer.
- Beauty: Incorporate tamarind into a beauty regimen to improve skin tone and colour. Apply pulp and juice of tamarind topically to reduce blemishes and scars.
- Health: Containing vitamin C, several B vitamins for carbohydrate metabolism, carotene and protein, dragon fruit is rich in cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Beauty: Combats the effects of aging on the skin and soothes sunburns. For hair, it can treat damage from dyes and promote healthy growth.
- Health: High potassium content (400mg per banana) aids muscle function, balance of body fluids and helps absorption of iron nutrients in the body. Also provides healthy carbohydrates as a source of energy. After a workout, eat one to refuel.
- Beauty: Natural moisturizing properties. Enriched with vitamins that promote healthy skin and hair.
- Health: Beneficial in maintaining lower levels of cholesterol. Balances overall liver, kidney, and heart health. Protects against diseases and chronic cancer. Boosts the immune system to detoxify the body. Aids in weight loss while managing diabetes.
- Health: A vitamin and mineral enriched herb, culantro (not to be confused with cilantro) has both nutritional and medicinal qualities. Contains vitamin A, B-complex, calcium, carotene, iron and riboflavin.
RICE PADDY HERB
- Health: Also known as limnophila aromatic, rice paddy herb can be used to treat fever, kidney stones, sores and wounds. It is a source of vitamins when used in soup.
- Health: A good source of vitamin C, it helps fight off viral flu. B-complex vitamins help the body to metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats. Contains potassium, important in controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Protects against stroke and heart disease.
- Beauty: A main ingredient in organic skincare products. Antioxidants in this fruit slows down aging. It’s anti-bacterial properties treats acne and has been effective in treating conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Health: Cures cough and sore throat. An infusion of flowers can be used to treat low blood pressure. The leaves can be used to treat type 2 diabetes and the stems help treat hepatitis.
- Health: Dried plants help build the immune system to resist infection. They also have a beneficial impact on vision. Dried flowers can be made into a tea to improve blood pressure.
- Beauty: Used in beauty products to moisturize, soothe, and condition skin. Reparative and protective properties fight free radicals and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Health: Vitamin C antioxidants prevent cholesterol build up in arteries. Also rich in fibre.
- Beauty: Contains vitamin A and papain enzymes that rejuvenate skin by removing dead skin cells and inactive proteins. Mash half a papaya with three teaspoons of honey to make a smooth paste. Apply to face and neck. Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water. Eat papaya up to three times a week to reduce thinning hair and prevent balding.
- Health: Source of vitamin B3, vitamins A and C. Vitamin A is beneficial for eyesight and also inhibits cancer and lowers cholesterol. The fruit’s pectin helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Health: Contains vitamin C that fights diseases such as cancer. Beneficial for bones, skin, and tissue.
- Beauty: Vitamin C helps prevent premature aging, reduce wrinkles, age spots and dark areas. Vitamins C and E also promote hair growth.
- Health: Dried or fresh, used in traditional Asian medicine for centuries. Tonic for the heart, eyes, stress reliever, blood enricher and immune booster.
- Beauty: Prevents wrinkles near the eyes, minimizes damage and exfoliates to brighten skin tone.
Health: Abundant amounts of protein, iron, calcium, and vitamin C. Provides therapeutic and healing qualities. High levels of calcium help strengthen bones. Anti-oxidants fight risk of cancer. Small quantities of copper help to produce white and red blood cells.
- Beauty: High amounts of water help keep skin soft and supple. A paste made from leaves and applied to the hair makes for shiny, well nourished tresses.
Health: Good for weight loss, skin care, improved digestion, eye care, peptic ulcers and urinary disorders.
- Beauty: Rich in vitamin C and citric acid. Used to treat dark spots, acne, and in exfoliating masks. Rub a slice of lime on the scalp to remove excess oil from hair.
Health: Stabilizes blood sugar and lowers cholesterol. Healing and hydrating agents. It also builds cells, increases metabolism, and fights infections.
- Beauty: Use the water, milk or oil to get instant glowing skin. Applied to hair, the oil hydrates frizz and damaged ends. A natural face cleanser, it acts as a skin moisturizer and toner.
Health: A source of vitamin C, it helps whiten skin and serves as a deodorant. It can also be used as a stain remover. If you are experiencing hair loss, work calamansi into your scalp to obtain more volume.
- Beauty: A natural source of vitamin C, calamansi helps prevent wrinkles and age spots. The citrus in the fruit lightens darkened skin. A powerful exfoliator, it removes dead skin cells for a glowing effect.
- Health: When prepared as a tea, it is a herbal medicine for high blood pressure, peptic ulcers, asthma and digestion. As a juice it is used as an herbal remedy for arthritis.
Chew the leaf to prevent nausea and upset stomach.
Health: Loaded with vitamin C, it protects the healthy cells of the body and is a great enhancer for the immune system. Because it is rich in antioxidants, pineapple can lessen the risk of hypertension, aid in weight loss, and help maintain good eye health.
- Beauty: Contains vitamin C and has anti-inflammatory properties that help cure acne and speed the healing process. Strengthens and softens nails, reduces hair loss and enriches hair follicles for more volume.
Health: Contains vitamins A and C and is mainly used to alleviate pain.