This content is also available in: Vietnamese
- 1 bag of bacon, 12 oz.
- 1 carrot, 10 oz.
- 1 bunch of scallion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- A few king oyster mushrooms
- 1 box of alfalfa sprouts, 6 oz., to garnish
- Wash the carrot, mushroom, red pepper, and zucchini. Julienne into thin strips, about three centimetres wide (a little bit wider than the bacon strips).
- Quickly dip the vegetables and mushrooms in boiling water.
- Cut the scallions into strips that are the same size as the rest of the vegetables.
- Spread the bacon on a flat surface, then stack strips of carrot, mushroom, pepper, zucchini and some scallions on the bacon. Roll it up and secure with a food pick.
- Grill the bacon on a charcoal grill or fry on a grilling pan. Roll it around to get an even golden sear. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts right before serving. Serve hot with sriracha sauce or ketchup, depending on your taste.
Note: You can choose any type of filling vegetables, depending on your preference. This dish can be served as hors d’oeuvres, or school lunch for kids to encourage them to consume more vegetables.