This content is also available in: Vietnamese
Our hands are remarkably efficient work tools, and it’s hardly surprising that they are one of the most stressed parts of our body. Your hands are the first thing people notice about you second to your face. Dry skin and unkempt nails ruin a well-groomed appearance. Here’s some advice on taking care of your hands and nails from beautypress.
No matter what the season of the year, our hands seem to never get a break. It’s time to give your hands a special treatment. Since the back of the hand and the palms have little to no oil glands, a hand cream containing intensively nourishing ingredients such as urea, almond or evening primrose oil will be your best friend during the winter season. The best bet is to always keep a tube in your handbag to be well protected during the winter. For an intensive treatment on chapped hands, smooth on cream before bed and leave on overnight.
4Fight sun damage
During a Caribbean getaway, or even a skiing vacation, our hands don’t need less, but rather a different kind of care. The UV radiation of the sun, which is strong in the mountains, stimulates the development of free radicals on the skin surface that interrupts the distribution of the body’s own melanin pigment. To prevent this from happening, several brands are now offering anti-aging solutions for your hands. They not only contain UV protection, but also ingredients that protect from hyperpigmentation and reduce existing spots.
3Smooth and soft
Only applying lotion doesn’t cut it. From time to time, hands need to be treated with a complexion refining peel that makes them as soft as velvet. Since it is intense, this should only be done once a month. For your nails, rather than reaching for clippers, a file gets the nails in peak form and prevents the nail body from splitting. When taking care of your fingernails, the nails should extend past the fingertips by approximately 0.04 inch.
2Build a foundation
Nail polishes come in all colors and textures. But the perfect look requires the right preparation. First, the cuticle should be gently pushed back. A special cuticle lotion moisturizes the skin and strengthens the nails to ensure a healthy growth and regenerate brittle, cracked nails. In addition, it provides the nail bed and cuticles with care and thus improves the overall structure of the nails. Use a nail polisher, which not only makes the nails shine but also evens up grooves and irregularities. A base coat prevents the natural nail from staining. After that, the nail polish can be uniformly applied starting from the cuticle to the tip of the nail. Apply a topcoat to protect the nail polish from chipping and give the nails their ultimate shine.
1Further Tips & Tricks
- When doing household tasks such as cleaning or washing dishes, wear gloves in order to prevent the skin from dehydrating and becoming irritated.
- A bright skin tone is mostly conceived as being younger, whereas pigmented spots make us look older. This also applies to the hands, which is why they shouldn’t be neglected when it comes to sun protection.
- Once in a while, invest in an intensive care serum. This enhances the absorbing capacity of the skin. Make sure to use an exfoliating peel prior to the application.
- A special trick: Many dermatologists recommend patients use their face care regimen on the back of their hands.
- To combat brittle nails or white stains, Vitamins A and B and biotin are just as important as calcium and magnesium.